Brotherhood Conversion opportunities are occurring all year round, Our Lodge conducts Brotherhood Conversions at all three Induction Weekends (May, June & September), Fall Fellowship, and Every Thursday Evening from July 11th – August 8th all listed occur Baiting Hollow Scout Camp. Other opportunities may be available through your chapter or lodge such as a District/Council Camporee, or other event. Any questions feel free to contact the webmaster or your chapter.
** If you plan on attending one of the Thursdays (July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1, and August 8) at camp to make your brotherhood, please RSVP to the lodge chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. **
After 10 months of service as an Ordeal member and fulfilling certain requirements listed below, a member may take part in the Brotherhood ceremony, which places further emphasis on the ideals of Scouting and the Order. Completion of this ceremony signifies full membership in the Order.
1) Memorize the signs of OA Membership:
B) Song of the Order
D) Sign of Ordeal Membership
E) OA Handclasp
2) Advance in your understanding of the Ordeal:
A) The four principal characters of the Ordeal Ceremony:
B) The four tests of the Ordeal
C) The Arrow (as used in the Ordeal)
D) The True Name of the Order of the Arrow
3) Serve Your Unit
A) Retain your registration in Scouting
• During a period of at least 10 months, strive to fulfill your obligation by continuing and expanding your service to your own Troop or Post
4) Plan for Service in your Lodge
A) Retain your registration in Shinnecock Lodge and keep your dues paid.
• Be aware that acceptance of Brotherhood Membership involves a pledge of service to the Lodge.
• Develop a concrete idea of how you plan to fulfill this pledge.
5) Review Your Progress
A) When you earnestly feel that you have met the four challenges above, write a letter to the
Lodge Secretary. In this letter:
• Explain what you think the obligation means.
• Describe how you have been fulfilling this Obligation in your unit and in your daily life, and how you have used your understanding of the Ordeal to aid in this service.
• Describe your specific plans for continuing this service in the future.
• Tell what the Order of the Arrow means to you, and why you are seeking Brotherhood Membership.
All the information listed here can be found in your Order of The Arrow Handbook as well as in the Brotherhood Packet you will be given when you are ready do you conversion.